Thursday, May 24, 2018

Do We Ask Her Enough?

On this Feast of Our Lady of Good Help, I am reminded to ask myself, "Do I ask Mary for help, for all I need, for all the needs of others, to intercede? Do I ask her enough? Almost 2,000 years ago her Son gave her to us through the offering to St. John at the base of the cross, "Behold your Mother."

And again, over 150 years ago, Our Lady appeared to Sr. Adele Brise in Wisconsin and told her, "I will help you." There is now a beautiful Marian Shrine built on the site of this approved apparition. (the only approved U.S. apparition, Visiting Mary: Her U.S. Shrines and their Graces)

And today, as we go about our day to day activities, as we worry about our jobs, our parents, our children and our nation, as we stress over how we can afford tuition and house payments and car payments, as we struggle with health issues, can we hear her voice? In the stillness? In the quiet? "I will help you." Do we visit her? Do we believe? Do we ask her enough? On this Feast of Our Lady of Good Help, we are reminded to accept the gift given at the base of the cross by Her Son. She is our help in this world. Pray for her intercession. Pray the rosary for peace. Allow her to help us.

No comments:

Post a Comment