Monday, June 4, 2018

Visitors Old and New - Gifts of the Spirit

I just have to say, last week was quite a week! A week of new customers from Dallas and California and Ohio and Oregon and probably many other places we were not told, as well as a week of regular customers from in and around Tennessee and Kentucky. A week of people with stories; stories that share the good stuff. And when we share the good stuff, we share Him. His Spirit. His work. His Love. His healing. His goodness. We share faith in Him and hope in our future with Him. And for today, I'm going to share one of those stories.

Thursday, May 31st, the Feast of the Visitation, on my day off, I was at the movies with my youngest and received a text from a long time family friend who's mother has been struggling with her health. She was in town and actually at the hospital close to the store. She had finished 33 Days to Morning Glory or True Devotion to Mary or Preparation for Total Consecration, one of them, and was ready to Consecrate herself with her mom. She needed an image of Mary over at the hospital and asked if someone could run one over. Immediately I could feel goosebumps. I told her to call the store and ask my daughter about the Consecration medal I had found the previous Sunday at none other than the Flea Market. (I thought it was a medal of St. Dominic receiving the rosary or a Scapular medal but after cleaning it, found it to be an old Consecration medal of Mary with the words "True Devotion to Mary" engraved in the book on the front and the back with a large M in a shield with a crown on top and the rosary draped down the side. The medal available now seems to have totus tuus on the reverse.) A minute later she texted and said her father came in so she was headed to the store. My daughter showed her the medal and told her all we knew about it and before it was all said and done she was crying and she had my two daughters and sister crying right along with her. I received a text soon after; "thank you for letting Mary and the Holy Spirit use you today." I thought just the opposite, "thank you for a bringing us the gift of the Spirit." And, thanks to all who visit and call and make our life here at St. Mary's a "gift of the Spirit." We cherish the time.



No comments:

Post a Comment