Monday, September 24, 2018

Great Adventure

Couple of things. Many days I just walk around the store and snap pictures of the merchandise and the displays that my mom and sister and coworker Cathy so beautifully put together. Ya know. Just in case I ever need the info or the images. Last week on my mom's birthday, my daughter posted a beautiful tribute on our St. Mary's Bookstore facebook page and at dinner that night I read her all the wonderful, kind words from our friends and customers. That morning, she said, "I woke up and said, 'It's my birthday. What do I want to do?' and she thought, I want to go do displays at the Bookstore, I want to go to noon Mass and I want to paint." So, that's what she did as well as join a small bit of her family for dinner. As I was thinking about posting the new Great Adventure Bible and Walking with God books, I noticed my mother's cane in my picture which she parks when she's doing displays. I find it's not by chance that her cane sits beneath the title, "Walking with God."  (story of her life). And without being too corny, I'm sure she'd say it's been a Great Adventure! And, the adventure continues...

The Great Adventure Bible is an awesome new tool to learn Scripture. It is color coded to help with the timeline and event coded to pull out key milestones on the narrative. Other features include Christ's words in red, color maps and pull out charts that tell about the history of the people, rulers and geography. The links above will give you more descriptions and information about the Bible, the Children's Book and Walking with God. And to add to our amazing new Scripture study helps, our local author Sonja Corbitt has published Fulfilled: Uncovering the Biblical Foundations of Catholicism. Check them out. The pictures can't possibly tell the entire story. Come visit. It's always a great adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment